ABOUT HESTER & COOK DESIGN GROUP, INC.
Hester & Cook started in the home of husband-and-wife team Robbie and Angie Hester Cook. What began as Robbie’s inspired idea of crafting a vintage doorknob into a bottle stopper soon became the company’s first product, KnobStoppers. Within months, Angie and Robbie introduced the product to the wholesale market. From there, Hester & Cook rapidly grew into offering everything from hand-crafted chandeliers to #2 pencils. Today we are best known for our paper placemat pads and table runners. Assortments of our products can be found at over 3000 stores worldwide. You can also see some of our creations at Anthropologie, Sur La Table, Dillard’s, Paper Source and Barnes & Noble. The full collection is available on our website as well as our three Nashville, TN area retail locations found at White Bridge Road, Hillsboro Village and Franklin, TN. Hester & Cook also recently acquired Nashville based Bang Candy Company. Bang Candy will make its debut at the Atlanta wholesale gift market in July 2023. But you can also find Bang Candy Stores within all Hester & Cook locations as well as the Bang Candy Store located in Marathon Village in Nashville, TN.
RETAIL STORE ASSOCIATE - FULL OR PART TIME
The retail store sales associate is a critical player on our growing team. Associates are the face of Hester & Cook as well as Bang Candy and are the key to a positive customer experience. We have full and part time positions available. Both are during retail hours, and are for our Downtown Franklin location and our 3 Nashville locations, including our new Bang Candy Shop in Marathon Village. Weekend availability required.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Genuinely enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the Hester & Cook brand as well as etiquette of gift-giving and entertaining
- Interested in trends as relevant to our store environment
- A natural leader with personal accountability
- Outgoing with a positive disposition and warm, engaging personality
- At least one year experience in a retail sales environment
- Strong verbal/written communication
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to add-on sales and make appropriate product suggestions
- Strong customer service skills
- Developed interpersonal relationship skills and professional yet warm demeanor
- Visual merchandising skills a plus
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Helping customers with any needs
- Engaging with customers, making them feel welcome, assisted, and appreciated
- Processing sales transactions
- Providing top notch customer service and increasing sales through direct customer interaction
- Providing gift wrapping services
- Ensuring tidy and pleasing appearance of store and merchandise within
- Perform opening/closing routines including counting till and receipt of shipments
- Going above and beyond in providing a positive customer experience
- Helping to coordinate and execute events to brand standards
- Providing manager with updates as needed
- Maintaining positive company culture
- Embodying Hester & Cook’s core values in all interactions
To apply: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use subject line “Retail Store Sales Associate,” and indicate whether you are interested in full or part time.
Hester & Cook is seeking to hire a full-time entry level warehouse production/shipping employee.
Work hours are Monday through Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm
Pay starting at $15+ based on experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Basic computer skills
- Able to work in warehouse temperatures
- Ability to grab, reach, push, pull, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, and crouch in order to retrieve and/or replenish merchandise
- Ability to manually assemble intricate products
- Ability to communicate verbally and work cooperatively with employees
- Ability to adapt to change and work in a fast-paced warehouse environment.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move merchandise weighing up to 35 lbs.; occasionally up to 50 lbs.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and problem-solving skills
- Basic math calculations for selecting, counting, and checking work
- Ability to accurately complete all required department documentation
If you are interested in applying, we are holding open interviews every Wednesday and Thursdays from 10:00 am until 1:00pm. The address is 2728 Eugenia Ave. Suite 106 Nashville, TN 37211.