Retail Store Assistant Manager
The retail store assistant manager is a critical player on our growing team, leading the store’s crew as well as interacting with management of retail and other departments. This is a full time position during retail hours, Saturdays included.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Genuinely enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the Hester & Cook brand as well as etiquette of gift-giving and entertaining
- Interested in trends as relevant to our store environment
- A natural leader with personal accountability
- Outgoing with a positive disposition
- At least one year experience as supervisor in a fast-paced retail or customer-facing environment
- Strong verbal/written communication and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to carry out detailed tasks and projects with minimal direction or supervision. Self Starter is a big plus!
- Familiarity with Shopify or ability to quickly learn new POS and other software to process transactions and aid in operations
- Strong customer service skills
- Developed interpersonal business relationship management skills and professional demeanor
- Visual merchandising skills a plus
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Helping manage personnel and schedules
- Act as manager on duty, when scheduled, to address customer service, vendor or maintenance issues
- Providing top notch customer service and increasing sales with direct customer interaction
- Supporting maintenance of appropriate inventory levels
- Ensuring tidy and pleasing appearance of store and merchandise within
- Perform opening/closing routines including execution of bank deposits, receipt of shipment, and interpret / disseminate company directive
- Delegating appropriate tasks to team members; enforcing accountability
- Helping to coordinate and execute events to brand standards
- Providing manager with updates and performance reports as needed, as pertaining to personnel, inventory, sales, etc.
- Helping train new team members and maintain positive company culture
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use subject line, “Retail Store Assistant Manager”.